Sedeveria ‘Peridot Passion’ is a captivating succulent with a mesmerizing charm and jewel-like appearance. This unique hybrid succulent, a cross between Sedum and Echeveria species, showcases stunning rosettes adorned with vivid green leaves. With its striking coloration and compact growth habit, Sedeveria ‘Peridot Passion’ has become a beloved choice for succulent enthusiasts and collectors. Join us as we delve into Sedeveria ‘Peridot Passion’s enchanting world and explore its distinct features, care requirements, and the allure it brings to any succulent collection.
Appearance and Characteristics
Sedeveria ‘Peridot Passion’ enthralls with vibrant green foliage resembling the precious gemstone peridot. The fleshy leaves are elongated, tapering to a point, and arranged in tight rosettes. The distinctive green coloration intensifies under bright light, adding to its allure. Sedeveria ‘Peridot Passion’ grows in a compact, mound-like form, making it an ideal choice for both indoor arrangements and outdoor gardens.
Follow Succulent City on Facebook, Pinterest & Instagram for more informative & interesting content about succulents & cacti 🙂 Join the discussions at our Facebook Group, “Succulent City Plant Lounge.” Happy planting, and live the moment!
Cultivation and Care
Caring for Sedeveria ‘Peridot Passion’ is relatively straightforward, making it suitable for succulent enthusiasts of all skill levels. Here are some essential care tips for this beautiful succulent:
- Sunlight: Provide bright, indirect sunlight or partial sun. If grown indoors, locate it near a sunny window to ensure it receives the necessary light for optimal growth.
- Temperature: This succulent thrives in moderate to warm temperatures 18°C to 27°C. Please protect it from extreme heat and frost, as it prefers a temperate climate.
- Watering: Allow the soil to dry completely between watering sessions. Aim to water only when the soil is dry and the plant shows signs of thirst. Overwatering can cause root rot, so it’s vital to maintain well-draining soil and a cautious watering schedule.
- Soil: Use a well-draining succulent or cactus potting mix to ensure proper moisture management. Bonus perlite or coarse sand to the soil mixture can enhance drainage.
- Propagation: Sedeveria ‘Peridot Passion’ can be propagated through stem cuttings or by removing offsets that grow from the base of the plant. Allow the cuttings or pups to callus for a few days before planting them in a well-draining soil mix to encourage root development.
- Fertilization: Apply a diluted, balanced succulent fertilizer during growing seasons (spring and summer) to provide necessary nutrients. Avoid fertilizing during the dormant winter period. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for dosage and frequency.
- Pruning: Remove dry or damaged leaves to maintain the plant’s appearance and overall health. Pruning can also help encourage a more compact growth habit.
DO YOU KNOW? Caring (propagating, pruning/trimming, beheading, watering, …) is a set of skills that is widely applicable to succulents. Read the in-depth guide here >>Richard Miller – Succulent City
More Sedeveria’s Interesting Reads …
Sedeveria ‘Peridot Passion’ is a striking succulent that enhances any collection or garden. With its jewel-like green leaves and compact growth, it thrives indoors and outdoors. By providing proper care, you can ensure its longevity and vibrancy. Embrace the allure of Sedeveria ‘Peridot Passion’ and not only this plant, but other Sedeverias are also worth a read:
Hey everyone! Welcome to Succulent City! We are all about succulents, cacti, and a bit about air plants. Ten years back, in 2013, we began the journey with succulents. It started as a simple hobby, crafting and selling charming succulent-themed pins and decorations. But as time passed, our fascination with these remarkable plants grew, and we gained extensive knowledge about them. Therefore, Succulent City is the blog as you see it is now. Enjoy your visit and happly planting!